This week's Challenge is:
“There’s a sale at Penneys!”
What was one of your greatest deals?
Most of my greatest deals would have to be Goodwill, where I have gotten most of my vintage toys from!
I had to think about this one, at first i was going to do a lot, but then I decided to go with my Dino-Riders.I had three as a kid (Anklyosaurus, Deinychus, and pteradactyl) and I found all but ankly at Goodwill and they were eligible to be put in bag of toys that costs $2.99. Cassie can tell you that these were my greatest grails.
I still giggle at my story of finding the pteradcatyl as I almost left him behind thinking he was a Juarassic Park dinosaur (Hey it was decades since I had him). Luckily my "little" voice told me to look at his underside!
I Could also throw in my Littles Punch out book which I got for 69 cents and sells for $25, but I will stick with the dinosaurs as they go for $15 or more but are priceless due to sentimental ties in my heart!
Like my take on this topic? Then why not check out my fellow league members as they to tackle this topic:
Also a couple of notes:
- This is my second post, my first post today was at midnight and was a review of the Netflix event: Gilmore Girls A Year In The Life and can be found HERE!
- I am about to hit post #100! That milestone will be at midnight on Wednesday and to celebrate there will also be a post at noon that day as well, both will be Colorforms reviews, but #100 also goes through my history of toy blogging before I started this page which includes my very first review ever!
- And speaking of my roots, I have started adding content to my YOUTUBE channel once again with some lost videos and opened up the toy haul video that was posted here on Thanksgiving! Also starting Wednesday, Mystery Wednesday (Blind Bags) returns after a long hiatus with a "lost" episode and will now be up with a new episode on the last Wednesday of every month!
- My holiday event begins on Thursday at midnight and everyday until Christmas day will see not one but two (and sometimes even 3) posts each day! The times will be midnight and noon Eastern! On the days that there a third post, those will be at 8PM! The midnight posts will be my regular content (and except for a few exceptions all will be holiday or winter themed!), the noon posts will be LEGO advent calendar reviews. 8PM posts (when needed) will be misc stuff.
- Finally, I Am starting two new blogs, one in January that will be revealed shortly, and the other will open on the first! Simply called Alexis' blog, this blog will revolve around my life and my cat Kara. This is where my views on politics, being transgendered, my love of snow, and fun vlogs will be spotlighted as I am making this blog strictly Pop Culture now. For December though, I am sticking with the holidays as a theme! (UPDATE: LINK ADDED, MIGHT HELP HUH?)
Well that's it for now, I hope you enjoyed my take on this week's challenge!